Thursday, April 30, 2015

Testing Recipes: Raw Vegan Chocolate Molten Lava Cake

I was craving for chocolate at decided to try out Gluten-Free-Vegan-Girl's recipe for a raw vegan chocolate molten lava cake. Please visit her page for the recipe!

First of all, her picture is amazing and looks incredibly delicious. As a vegetarian, one of my favourite treats was chocolate lava cakes. I even sinned a few times when I first became vegan with those. It was so hard to control myself around those! So when I found her recipe, I decided to try it out.

I changed her recipe a little, to fit with what I had on hand. And I was not as happy as I thought I would be. I guess her cake didn't taste quite like I expected. You know, the deception you get when you are craving for something, and you get something similar, but it's not quite what you wanted in the first place. That's how I felt. Certainly her recipe is delicious, and a lot more healthy than the usual cake.

I needed to add some sugar though. It was not sweet enough for my liking (but obviously that's just my preference).

I also think I used the wrong kind of nuts for the crust. I used walnuts. I thought it was going to be the best option, because my raw vegan brownies recipe asks for walnuts and the taste is simply out of this world! But it was not good for this recipe, maybe I should have tried nuts with a softer taste.

I was not found of the peanut butter taste in the sauce either. I would have done without. But again, that's just me.

Still, look at the end result. Mine is not as pretty as hers, but it's not bad. :)



I will definitely do this recipe again, and post the new results. Any advice as to what to use to make it better?

I want to clarify: Gluten-Free-Vegan-Girl's recipe is delicious. I just screwed it up by choosing the wrong ingredients!

No comments:

Post a Comment