Pages

Monday, March 16, 2015

Vegan greek salad

I made this greek salad to go with the gnocchi. It has lettuce, cherry tomatoes, black olives, cucumbers, a vinaigrette and marinated tofu in lieu of feta cheese.


GREEK MARINATED TOFU

Ingredients

1 lb extra firm tofu
2 tb spoons olive oil
2 tb spoons balsamic vinegar
2 tb spoons soy sauce
2 tb spoons fresh lime juice
2 cloves garlic
A pinch of dried basil and a pinch of thyme

GREEK VINAIGRETTE

Ingredients

2 tb spoons olive oil
2 tb spoons red wine vinegar
Juice of 1 lime
1 tb spoon spices for salad
salt and pepper

I found it quite satisfying and it satisfied my cravings for feta cheese, although, it is true it does not taste like feta cheese! My boyfriend liked the salad but wasn't a fan of the tofu. The guests, I guess, were too polite to say anything else but "It's very good!". Never trust what guests say... or my dad xD

No comments:

Post a Comment